Saturday, March 7, 2009

Galway, Ireland


So I am really behind on blogging-sorry! Since it's been almost a month and so much has happened, I'm just going to briefly recap, with some elaboration :)

On the 19th of February, Me, Steph, Dan, Stacey, Heather, Mike, Mollie and Emily went to Galway, Ireland for a four day weekend...It was the most fantastic, beautiful trip ever. Our hostel was nice, with very helpful and friendly staff, free breakfast of toast and cereal, and free internet. It was our first hostel experience and it wasn't bad, although a bit interesting at points lol. Funny stories that I can share in more detail in person! So the town of Galway is so beautiful; the quintessential Irish town. I loved the accents, the hospitality of the people, it just has a unique and wonderful culture and feel to the town. We ate at the King's Head Pub, built in the 1500's, and had the best cheeseburgers with irish cheddar that I've had since I left the U.S. MMM! We went in the Cathedral where Christopher Columbus attended some services, walked along the beautiful coastline of the Galway Bay, checked out the Spanish Arch, and ate delicious crepes from Zatsuma, our favorite eatery. One of my favorite memories is eating a yummy crepe outside of Zatsuma at night, listening to street performers make sweet rhythms on their drums, watching two adorable kids dance to the music...so memorable and it made me feel so alive!

The third day, we took a nine hour bus tour to the Burren and Cliffs of Moher...Incredible landscape, countryside, coastline, and majestic rugged cliffs jutting into the Atlantic Ocean...Words cannot describe how breathtaking the views were...The landscape was exceptional, with dozens of miles of green pastures etched by stone walls, enclosing sheep and other cattle..We saw so much-definitely worth 18 euros! So that's Ireland for you...

If you ever get the chance, go to Ireland...it is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment